- Forms used include the minuet and trio, rondo, sonata-allegro, sonatina
and theme and variations. Composers also often wrote concertos and dances.
- Often there was a single-line melody with accompaniment. Cadences and slower chord
changes were frequently used.
- Keyboard Instruments
- The pianoforte and harpsichord were used.
- Rests, 16th notes, and triplets were used frequently. In theme and variations,
the same tempo was usually used throughout the variations.
- There were varied dynamic contrasts (softs & louds). Two- and three-
note slurs, regular phrasing and articulations were used.