Explore music history from the Medieval period to Modern times.
Continue to Main Menu...
They're finally finished! After spending 10 weeks with my students learning about music history and researching a composer, we're done. Check out the new composer reports on the updated Composer Page. Reports will be uploaded as they are converted and permissions are received.
Help & Site Description:
You will find that you can navigate and explore through this program in many ways.
Use the menu buttons on the left or use the links at the bottom of each page.
- The Main Menu will lead you to the different musical period (Middle Ages, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, 20th Century).
- Each historical music period consists of a number of different subtopics and activities which you can explore via the click of a button.
- The Composer Links list short biographies of selected composers. Composer information can also be found in the general topics.
- The Glossary contains definitions of many of the terms found in this site. Use of the glossary is also automatically provided in many of the general topics (click or place your mouse on a word to activate; this feature not available on all browsers).
- The section for Teachers includes resources, projects, and lesson plans to use with this site and others on the web.
- The Online Store is your place to find CDs,
books, and videos about classical music and music history.
Related Links provide you with further sites to explore.
Even add your own site to the Related Links section.
Web Rings provide easy navigation to similar sites. Check out some other great sites!
- Check About this site for information on copyright and sources.
Future features are expected to include:
- More composer pages
- Improved graphics
- Expanded quizzes for all the different periods
- MP3 or RealAudio excerpts from actual recordings
- More Teacher activities to use with this site
- Search engine to find specific information
Latest Update March 23, 2000
To Main Menu...